Salted Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 1 cup Medjool dates, packed, pitted and soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Virginia Diner Salted Virginia Peanuts
It's so easy to make simple snacks like these at home. They're chewy and crunchy and salty and sweet - the perfect snack with coffee in the morning or any time of the day really!
- Drain and rinse the dates, and add them to a food processor along with the peanut butter and syrup. Mix until fully combined and smooth - 2-3 mins.
- Transfer mixture to a medium saucepan over low heat. Let the mixture become gooey - stirring occasionally - 8-10 mins.
- Remove from heat, add oats and Virginia Diner Salted Virginia Peanuts gradually, stirring until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 parchment-lined baking dish. Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to set. Cut into bars, top with melted chocolate and chopped Virginia Diner Salted Virginia Peanuts.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer.